Monday, February 20, 2012

Nha Trang: The People!

Here are a few of the people I spent time with in Nha Trang...

The Duke!

Here is Mai, who was a friend of Richard's and worked at the hotel I stayed at. She was SUPER great and took us out for Nem (pictures below) and showed me restaurants and took me out for a bike ride. A lovely person, and here is a lovely picture of her:


Also working at the hotel was a guy named Tri. Again, lovely person who took me out for drinks and helped me have an excellent time in Nha Trang. Hooray for the lovely Nha Trang locals! Here is Tri (on the right). Can't remember the name of the blurry guy on the left, but he was also very nice and worked at one of the hotels across the alley:


One evening, Mai and her sister Bong (pronounced like Bomb) took Richard and myself out for Nem. Here are some pics of them and our delicious food. Nem is all the ingredients of spring rolls that you yourself at your table: Fresh greens (lettuce, basil, mint, among others), Pork, Crispy Pork Rind, Pickled Carrots and Onions, Mango slices and Cucumber wrapped in Rice Paper and dipped in Pork Gravy. Delicious...






And lastly, this is the only image I managed to get of Stoyd. I went north of Nha Trang, about 60km, to Jungle Beach for the night. A lovely, unspoiled, private beach, "resort" with lovely gardens and a bunch of homemade bamboo huts. When I arrived, the extra batteries I bought were dead so the Canon camera was not functioning. I thought, "Hey, I have my video camera!" and set about making a 6 minute film clip of this STUNNING vista from outside of Jungle Beach. Turns out THIS battery died after 48 seconds and I was not able to charge it again. GRRR! Anyway, it contains a bit of Stoyd and a wee tiny hair of the beautiful coastline from the high point of the road.



And that is it for this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment