Monday, February 20, 2012

Nha Trang: Ba Ho (Three Lakes)!

On the recommendation from Tri, I decided to ride the motorbike out to this natural park area called Ba Ho, which means Three Lakes. (But really ended up being more like Three River Canyon Swimming Pools).

As I was about to leave the hotel, a group of 5 folks from France were hanging about and we decided to all go together.

Here are the pictures I took. Starts with the very bottom of the hill, where we just turned off the highway, with me in my Vietnamese motorcycle getup.




We rode up the hill through a tiny village and parked our motorbikes at the base of the river. It was horribly ugly at this point and I was fully prepared for major disappointment. We were told to walk up 800m to the start of the "park" and I was bowled over once we arrived. The first picture below is the very bottom of the river and there was a "path" up the right side to the three levels of swimming holes. The path was sometimes treacherous and definitely dangerous at some spots, but WOW! What a beautiful place. We stopped at each pool and I took pictures....












The way back down was on the other side of the river and much less deadly. The path crossed this amazing tree and its root system growing on the outside of this massive rock. The photos don't do the scale any justice, but at least you can see the beautiful patterns of the roots.





Definitely NO disappointment on this little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment