Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh City!

Here are some pics of HCMC, aka Saigon. I didn't get a chance to really capture any of the throng of Bui Vien street, but perhaps I will take some night shots before I leave this week...


Above is Bui Vien street during the day. Below are some views from the 1st hotel I stayed in. Views of Bui Vien and then the houses in behind it.




Here is the second hotel I found, down this little alley. MUCH MUCH quieter, yet it runs just off the main street.


Here are a couple of shots of common things on the street: Danger of Electrocution signs on the power poles (can't resist photos of skulls!) and some of the power lines that you are in danger of being electrocuted by. If you look at the pics of Bui Vien, you will notice the power lines seem to be draped higgeldy-piggeldy all over the place. There might be some method to it, but it all seems pretty slipshod...



No comments:

Post a Comment